[TRNSYS-users] Solar thermal collectors / absorber temperature

Hemmatabady, Hoofar hemmatabady at geo.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jan 14 08:48:49 PST 2021

Dear TRNSYS users,

For a thermodynamic assessment, I need mean absorber plate temperature of flat plat solar collectors. The temperature is needed even if the collector is idle (e.i, there is no flow rate). Here are my questions:

1) Is there a TRNSYS type, which have plate temperature as an output with simplified required parameters (like those of type 1)?

2) Can TRNSYS components be used for guessing their physical behavior? (e.g., using the average inlet and outlet temperatures of the solar collectors as mean plate temperature even if there is no flow)

Best regards,

Hoofar