[TRNSYS-users] A Question about Type 56 that I want to post in TRNSYS-users

Song Aoye soymail at pku.edu.cn
Thu Dec 2 23:07:18 PST 2021

Dear sir or madam,

Thank you very much for checking my email. I met a problem while learning to use TRNSYS. I would like to ask everyone who uses the software for advice. The problem is as follows:

Dear everyone,
When I was learning through 09-tutorial.pdf, I met a problem about type56.
On page 83, the tutorial asked me to generate a radiance file, but when I clicked on generate, an error appeared, which prevented me from outputting the results. The error displayed as "open of'D:\TRNSYS/skyPatches.rad' for output failed: No such file or directory". I cannot understand what file this skyPatches.rad is? Can someone tell me please?
Yours, Aoye SONG

Here is the problem I met. If it can be posted on trnsys-users, I would be very grateful!

Best Regards,

Aoye SONG