[TRNSYS-users] Type 966 and Type 954 air heat pumps related problems.

dimitris soukoulis saintdimi at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:47:12 PDT 2021

Greetings community.
I am modelling a multizone building and I have two questions.
First, I would like to know if I am modelling the geometry correctly (through the TRNbuild wizard). It is a two floor apartment building with two apartments in each floor, so in the floorplan window, I model it as two separate floors (three zones each, with the middle zones representing the hallways)-as shown in the picture- and then connecting the floors  with adjacent floors ( or ceilings). Is that the right way ?
Secondly, I am constantly running into problems with the air pump system I am using. I have tried both approaches -DOE coefficient and catalog data- type 966 and 954 respectively, but I cant seem to solve the warnings and errors of the simulation. Some common problems i get are: Error 118  (SAT subroutine was called with a temperature below absolute zero), fail of input convergence, controller (Type 166) sticks for a considerable amount of timesteps. I also experience a very slow simulation even with a timestep of 1 hour. I have tried many things like short timestep, calibrating the heat pumps capacity, increasing the zone's thermal capacitance, using the absolute instead of the relative humidity etc.  but when I manage to erase one problem the other appears.
If anyone has some idea about what might be going wrong in my case I would be reaally grateful, considering the time I have consumed trying to get it right. I attached the .tpf of the simulation for better a understanding of my project. Looking forward for your ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Jim Soukoulis
National Technical University of Athens.