[TRNSYS-users] PV vs. PV-PCM

Ahmad Shahbandar ahmad.shahbandar at std.aum.edu.jo
Tue May 12 12:12:47 PDT 2020

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am trying to compare a PV system to a PV-PCM system, using Type 555/Type 601 (PV-PCM) and Type 103 (PV). However I am not sure how to guarantee that both PVs have matching specifications, since Type 555 does not include detailed specifications in its documentation nor in its parameters.

I have tried setting the PCM thickness parameter to zero in Type 555, such that it can act as a PV only model, and compare it with a regular Type 555. But I received an error that it's a bad parameter value.

So does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thank you.