[TRNSYS-users] Exit the TRNEXE without the promt tab

John Dyreby john at nnumerics.com
Mon Jan 13 07:33:02 PST 2020

Hello,

You can run TRNSYS silently using flags.  From the manual:

9.8. Running TRNSYS in batch files or in hidden mode

9.8.1. Running TRNSYS in batch mode

You can run TRNSYS in batch mode by adding a "/n" switch to the command line, e.g. (on one line):

"C:\Program Files\TRNSYS18\Exe\TRNExe.exe"
"C:\Program Files\TRNSYS18\Examples\SDHW\SDHW.dck" /n

In TRNSYS 18, the behavior of the /n switch was changed so that it also skips the dialog box that informs you about errors in the simulation. Note that this is only true for actual TRNSYS errors, not for exceptions generated by the code such as floating point overflows, etc.

9.8.2. Running TRNSYS in Hidden mode

You can run TRNSYS in hidden batch mode by adding a "/h" switch to the command line, e.g. (on one line):

"C:\Program Files\TRNSYS18\Exe\TRNExe.exe"
"C:\Program Files\TRNSYS18\Examples\SDHW\SDHW.dck" /h

The "/h" switch implies the "/n" switch and makes TRNSYS completely invisible (you can check that it is running by launching Windows' task manager and look for a process called TRNExe).

Kind regards,
John