[TRNSYS-users] Weather data processor (Type 99)

Huseyin Gunhan Ozcan huseyin at fe.up.pt
Sun Feb 16 05:48:36 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a modeling of solar PV aided AC with backup
system. In this regard, we experimentally measured the weather data, namely
temperature (T), relative humidity (RH), wind velocity (WV), wind direction
(WD) and tilted irradiance (POA). However, when I used the model Type 99 I
realized that the external file of it covers only global horizontal
irradiance (GHI). As I said, we only measured the POA.

My questions are ;

1.       Is it possible to define POA instead of GHI in external file.
Because, I saw that there is an opportunity for users to define four
different variables. But I do not know how to entitled POA in here.

2.       Is it possible to calculate GHI from POA by using radiation
processors ? They are all created in case of GHI or other horizontal
irradiances known?

3.       IF you know something else pls. let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Huseyin Gunhan Ozcan

Visiting Researcher

Porto Uni., Dept. of Mech. Eng.