[TRNSYS-users] Solar assisted water source heat pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Sep 3 11:48:18 PDT 2019

Emre,

When you say "but ı cant set up this system with trnsys" what exactly do
you mean? TRNSYS contains all of the necessary components (either in the
standard libraries or the TESS component libraries) to model the three
systems shown in the paper you cited. All 3 systems are relatively
straightforward to connect and the only issue will be create control
scenarios to move energy between the heat source, storage, and load
devices. Please try to model the system and then present specific
questions to the mailing list when you run into problems. Unless you
take a training class or pay someone to derive the model for you, you're
likely going to have to create this yourself - luckily you have a great
tool to do it in.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 09/03/2019 1:14 pm, Emre Arpaci via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hi trnsys users
>
> I modeled a water source heat pump and heated a greenhouse with. that is okey,everything works normally.
>
> I want to improve that to solar assisted water source heat pump. I read some articles about modeling the solar assisted heat pump
> there are many ways to do it. I confused a bit. I want to make a model like this. The solar collectors will operate between 8: 00-17: 00 and outler collector water temperature will be maintained in a 1 cubic meter storage tank. Then I think to use this hot water as heat source of heat pump for 1 or 2 hours in the evening. I think this model is simular in this article system 2 (https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/9/4/291/pdf [2])
>
> but ı cant set up this system with trnsys. can you teach me how to model a basic solar assisted water source heat pump.
>
> Best regards.

Links:
------
[1]