[TRNSYS-users] control a Wall temperature with experimental data

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 09:14:46 PST 2019

Wirich,

I am not sure what you are trying to model (just the wall or the zone in
Type 56), but it is possible to remove a wall from a Type 56 model and
simulate that wall with another component in TRNSYS. The method is described
in a paper by Delcroix at al. for a Type that models walls with PCMs, but it
can be applied with any component (see the appendix in the paper):

Delcroix, B., Kummert, M., & Daoud, A. (2017). Building-scale experimental
validation of a new model for walls with phase change materials. Science and
Technology for the Built Environment, 23(6), 1049–1062.
https://doi.org/10.1080/23744731.2017.1333353

Michaël Kummert

Polytechnique Montréal