[TRNSYS-users] Objective function Error

Bishan Thapa bthapa1 at uncc.edu
Tue Mar 26 05:52:02 PDT 2019

Greetings Everyone,

I am trying to optimize a solar combisystem. I believe I am not able to
make genopt understand what value of objective function I want to print out
and all the variables I want to print out. Therefore, i keep on getting
following error which is attached herewith the email.I go over genopt
manual again and again but the section which describes how genopt prints
out objective function eludes me every time. I calculate the cost function
inside the equation and let the type 25 print out the result and that's why
my output file section in initialization file looks like this where
myoutput is the name of the file that type 25 prints out its result to.

Output {
File1 = myoutput.out;
Path1 = Simulation.Files.Template.Path1;
}

And I want to print out the results from the output file which prints out
Time and LCC in two columns and specified the Name and delimiteri in two
ways which I am suspicious about.

1) First way
THis is how TRNOPT prints out the results.

ObjectiveFunctionLocation
{
Delimiter1 = "Simulation Result =" ;
Name1      = "Results";
Delimiter2 = "Variable Value 001 =" ;
Name2      = "D_P";
Delimiter3 = "Variable Value 002 =" ;
Name3      = "AREA";
}

2) Second Way
Thinking it will print out LCC at the end of time =8760 hours.

ObjectiveFunctionLocation
{
Delimiter1 = "TIME8760,  " ;
Name1      = "LCC";