[TRNSYS-users] PROBLEM WITH LARGE OPENING IN TRNFLOW

Domenico Mazzeo domenico.mazzeo at unical.it
Tue Mar 12 17:13:42 PDT 2019

Greetings to everybody,
I tried to understand how TRNFLOW works starting from the study of the
sample model available in TRNSYS software.

One of the main problems I encountered was to understand the reference
heights shown in Figure 1 circled in red. The line highlighted in orange
with the initials "WI_" (Figure 1) indicate the type of connection "large
opening" which correspond to the openings in green in Figure 2, which in
this case represents a "hole in the floor".

I cannot, therefore, understand which distances are indicated as FROM-NODE
and TO-NODE. (1.6 and 1.2 in the example). I have reported the text of the
guide above Figure 3 which refers precisely to these distances. I,
therefore, write to you asking if you can kindly help me understand how to
interpret the heights indicated above.
Best regards

[image: 응ⅡIll喜 :로昌들昌= =§|터터타들뎧 -돈뗨넣g궆궆 con annotazioni a penna con
annotazioni a penna]

 *Figura 1  *

[image: n i versiti Crack definition Large opening 2m x 2m --00, 2m]

*Figura 2*

Here the link height on the side of the “From-Node” (“To-Node”) has to be
defined. This height is measured from different levels depending on the
selected node and its category: If it is an external node or a constant
pressure node the link height is measured from the building reference
level. I*n thermal airnodes and auxiliary nodes the link height is measured
from the corresponding node reference height which is defined in the node
data* (see figure 3.2). For a large opening the link height is measured to
the bottom of the opening. With different absolute heights on the from and
the to side a link is not horizontal that means the link itself acts as a
vertical shaft. This is possible  with all link types except with large
openings.

[image: External node or const. pressure Thermal airnode Link height on
FROM-s•ide LINK Link height on TO-side TO-NODE Zone reverence height FRO M
- NODE Building reference level Figure 3.2: Definition of the airnode
height and the link height]

*                                          Figura 3*

--

[image: Logo Unical]

* <http://l.it/>*

*Domenico Mazzeo (Ingegnere Energetico) Ph.D. Ing. Domenico
MazzeoDipartimento di Ingegneria Meccanica, Energetica e Gestionale -
DIMEGUniversità della CalabriaVia Pietro Bucci, 44C87036 Rende (CS) Italy*
*e-mail: domenico.mazzeo at unica <domenico.mazzeo at unical.it>l.it
<http://l.it/>  <http://l.it/> Skype: domenicomazzeo87*