[TRNSYS-users] Max(1,E_solar) means?

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jul 19 06:37:16 PDT 2019

MAX is short for maximum and the function returns the larger of the two provided terms.  In this case, it effectively keeps the denominator of your efficiency equation from being zero and causing a divide by zero condition.  Since there will only be power when there is radiation, and the magnitude of the radiation is much larger than 1, it provides a simple way of avoiding the divide by zero.

The MAX function, and all the functions available in TRNSYS equations are described in the provided TRNSYS documentation.

Jeff/TESS