[TRNSYS-users] Variable speed heat pump compressor heat pump inTRNSYS

hamidreza.esfehani hamidreza.esfehani at iek.uni-hannover.de
Sun Jan 27 07:56:10 PST 2019

Hi Muhammad,

That was actually part of my PhD research project.
In Trnsys you have the possibility to apply single and 2-stage heat pumps models (Type 927, 1221) but as far as I know no type for variable speed heat pump is yet implemented.
I would recommend you to use a datasheet of operation points of variable speed heat pump from any manufacturer and use Type Multi-Dimensional Data Interpolation (Type 581) to generate an interactive interpolation depending on the parameters you want to study such as (Compressor Frequency, outlet water temperature and etc).
You can then connect your heating/cooling load model to your heat pump model.
However to have a start point you could start with Type 1221 and implement a simple load control strategy for it to seen how it performs.

Bests,

Hamidreza Heidar Esfehani
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter|Research Associate

Leibniz Universität Hannover
IEK Abt.Gebäudetechnik
Herrenhäuser Str. 8
30419 Hannover