[TRNSYS-users] help for heat pump type 927

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Aug 6 11:12:36 PDT 2019

Type 927 is designed to be sized to your needs - that's why the capacity
and power are parameters. The model relies on a normalized performance
data file that is representative of many common heat pumps. Ideally you
would find a heat pump that is on the market and use the capacity and
power of that machine at the rated conditions of the catalog data file
(usually listed in the normalized performance data file). If you are
feeling adventurous, you could create the catalog performance data file
for the particular heat pump you choose - that's the very best thing you
can do for accurate heat pump performance. Details can be found in the
documentation for Type 927 as well as archives of this mailing list.

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
3 N. Pinckney Street, Suite 202, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 08/06/2019 1:01 pm, Emre Arpaci via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> hi trnsys users
> first of all ı want to thanks to Jeff , David and other trnsys user for previous good explanation.I didn't send a thanks messages because I don't want to make garbage
>
> I' m currently try to heat and cool a 100 m2 greenhouse with water source heat pump and fan coils.
> I calculated the heating and cooling loads. and I have 61113 kj/hr maximum heating load and 53213 kj/hr maximum cooling load. now ı m using type 927 and my heat source is a lake that has 4 degree temperature in january and 23 degree in july. ıs that heat pump suitable for heating and cooling ( when ı examıne the catalog data the heating capacity is about 1 kwh. I thınk this value isn't sufficient)
> How can I add a water source heat pump catalog data for trnsys. ?Can someone explain it step by step
>
> 2) can I change Rated Heating Capacity per Heat Pump and Rated Heating Power per Heat Pump paramaters in type 927 ?
>
> regards

Links:
------
[1]