[TRNSYS-users] Problem in Using Control Type 166 (Simple Thermostat)

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Apr 4 06:50:27 PDT 2019

Sajid,

You say the cooling setpoint is higher than the heating setpoint and enclose a screen capture of the connection showing the INITIAL temperatures of the heating and cooling setpoints at 20 and 24.  But these inputs are connected to equations and I’m guessing the value of these equations causes the heating setpoint to be higher than the cooling setpoint at an iteration.  Try tracing the thermostat model to verify the inputs or trace the equations.  Be aware that turning on the TRACE feature often leads to voluminous output so make sure to turn it back off after you identify the problem.

Jeff - TESS

Sent from my iPhone