[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS and MATLAB

Wirich FREPPEL freppelw at noirot.fr
Fri Sep 21 07:39:23 PDT 2018

Dear TRNSYS users,

For my project, I need to call MATLAB to do some calculations and then
return the result into TRNSYS. However, my version of Matlab is 2015a,
which is not compatible with TRNSYS 17.

In addition, the TRNSYS salesman told me that at the moment they are
still working on a 155.dll file to match Matlab 2018 and TRNSYS 18. So,
until the dll file is available I was wandering:

Would it be possible to add a Type in which I could write some "windows
commands". Those commands would put TRNSYS into a pause, and run MATLAB.
When all results are available, TRNSYS read them and goes to the next
step of the calculations.

In the past I used MATLAB to call TRNSYS, but is it possible in the
other way without using the Type155 ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best regards

--