[TRNSYS-users] importing new WINDOW LBNL Glazing to TRNBUILD Librarys

Christophe Plantier Plantier at enertech.fr
Thu Sep 6 06:36:26 PDT 2018

Dear TRNSYS Users,

I would like to create new "european" glazings in Window LBNL to import
them to TRNBUILD Librarys.

In WINDOW 7, I have to choose between NFRC American Standard and
European Standards (EN 410 and EN 673). Values of U-Value and g-Value
are quiet differents between these two standards for the same glazing.

It seems glazings listed in all W4-lib.dat have been calculated with
NFRC American Standard, as I can read in multizone building documentation :

/8. "WINDOW 4.1, PC Program for Analyzing Window Thermal Performance in
Accordance with Standard NFRC Procedures", Windows and Daylighting
Group, Building Technologies         Program, Energy and Environment
Division, Lawrence berkeley Laboratory, CA 94729 USA, March 1994/

So my questions are :

- Can you confirm that all glazings listed in W4-lib.dat, specially in
the German library, have been calculated with NFRC American Standard ?
Even the Saint-Gobain CLIMAPLUS FUTUR AR 1.1 4/15/4 ? For this one I
find the same values between Trnbuild library and european standard
Window 7 results ...
- In this case, how can I translate values between the two standards ?
(It's a big problem for me : during 15 years I asked trnbuild values to
my glazing manufacturers but they used obviously european standards ...)

Best regards

--
*Christophe PLANTIER *

Scop ENERTECH
*1er Prix 2015* des Trophées de l'*INGENIERIE PERFORMANTE*
/http://www.edipa.fr/Actualite/Details/1187/
65, les balcons de l'Amourier 26160 Pont de Barret
Tel & Fax : 04 75 90 18 54 - Site internet : _www.enertech.fr_
_/Nouveauté/_/: découvrez notre Blog : _http://leblog.enertech.fr_/