[TRNSYS-users] Error calling a type

Amaia Zuazua Ros amaiazuazua at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 14:09:46 PDT 2018

Hi TRNsys users,

I had compiled my own type (kind of unglazed solar collector) using Visual
Studio (I use TRNsys 17). I did it months ago and it worked perfectly, it
was an steady state calculation so I have tried to include a thermal
inertia component using setStorageSize, setStorageVar, getStorageVars and
SolveDiffEq. I was compiling and simulating while I was making the
modifications but suddenly Simulation Studio stopped reading the type, I
got the error "A type was called in the TRNsys input file but was either
not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy
subroutine was called in its place. Please link the type or remove it from
the input file".
The debug and release .dll are in the corresponding files, I checked the
name of the subroutine (Type 154 in this case) and the DEC$Attributes
DLLEXPORT :: TYPE 154 and the names are correct... I don't know what else
could have happened, maybe the subroutines that I'm calling don't
correspond to my version?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Amaia