[TRNSYS-users] Daylight dependent control of artificial light

Silvia Cesari csrslv at unife.it
Wed Nov 7 06:32:08 PST 2018

Dear all,

I am using daylight dependent control of artificial light in a hospital
patient room and I would kindly ask you just to check if my procedure is
correct.

Regulation requires to have:
- 300 lux at 0.90 m from floor for reading and examination at bed position
- 100 lux at 0.03 m from floor for general lighting
My aim is to regulate artificial light on the base of daylight by adopting
a "continuous on/off" lighting control type.

*In TRNBuild I defined two geoposition:*- geoposition 1: in the middle of
the room, at 0.03 m from floor
- geoposition 2: bed position, at 0.90 m from floor

*Then, I defined two gain types (added from the library):*-
SIA_2024_Ltg_41classroom (to provide 300 lux)
- SIA_2024_Ltg_43library (to provide 100 lux)
and I selected "gain/loss related to reference floor area" for both gain
types.

*Afterwards, I defined two daylight control types:*- "GENERAL LIGHTING" for
the gain "SIA_2024_Ltg_43library"
- "READING_EXAMINATION" for the gain "SIA_2024_Ltg_41classroom"
 as reported in the pictures:

*Then, in the zone I added the two gain types with the related daylight
control:*

Is this procedure correct in order to ensure the illuminance levels
required by regulations?

Thank you for your precious support and your time.

Kind Regards,
Silvia Cesari

*Arch. PhD Candidate Silvia Cesari*

*IDAUP* | International Doctorate Architecture and Urban Planning
*University of Ferrara*
*Department of Architecture*
[e-mail] silvia.cesari at unife.it
[phone] +39 3386557711