[TRNSYS-users] wall thickness impact on zone volume

peajy.peng at sg.panasonic.com peajy.peng at sg.panasonic.com
Tue May 22 22:35:05 PDT 2018

Dear support team,

I am working on Sketchup 8 to model a house.
What I am trying to do is to trace the internal geometry to build my house model and then apply thickness of the wall.
Generally, how does TRNBLD account for wall thickness in the wall materials, does this just impact the thermal properties of the material, or does this also impact volume? If so, which direction will it impact the volume? Inside, outside, or half-half?

Is it possible to assign a wall thickness specifically to go internally to ensure the internal volume will be accurate if I trace external wall?
Or do I have to trace internal walls. The issue with having to trace internal walls is that I then left with gaps in between rooms.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
PJ