[TRNSYS-users] Creating active layer and center of mass

Łukasz Wątły lukaszwatly92 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 01:55:22 PDT 2018

Dear All,

I would be grateful if you could answer my two questions which appear while
creating a building model in TRNSYS 17.

First of all, I am planning to model a radiant heating system and according
to the manual I should create a new active layer. Unfortunately, while
clicking on a '*New Layer Type*' I have only two options to choose,
either *'Massive
Layer*' or '*Massless Layer*'. What might be the reason that I do not have
other two options available?

The second question regards the center of mass. In order to make a
temperature stratification, I created two air nodes within one thermal
zone, where exactly is the center of mass of the nodes placed? Is it always
a geometrical center of mass?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Lukasz