[TRNSYS-users] Small Bug in Type536?

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Jul 18 09:26:51 PDT 2018

Hermann,

There was a problem with the Type 536 proforma that we caught a few
weeks ago - and that you have unfortunately discovered. All you have to
do is move the logical unit parameter to #17 from #19 (as you have
done), and everything is back as it should be. We have made the fix in
the official version and it will be in the next release. Thanks for the
help and sorry for the bug!

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 07/18/2018 5:29 am, Schranzhofer, Hermann wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS-User, dear Jeff Thornton,
>
> I just started to Type536 for a linear parabolic concentrating solar collector and have to change the IAM data file. I found the necessary information in the Mathematical References. I use not 10 but 7 values. The problems started when I tried to include this data file.
>
> There were error messages about wrong number of data points or that die unit number is wrong. So I had a look at the source code because I had the feeling that there is something mixed up.
>
> And this is what I found:
>
> In the Proforma for Type536 Parameter 17 is for Number of Transverse IAM Data Points and Parameter 18 for Number of Longitudinal IAM Data Points. Parameter 19 is the unit number for the data file. But in the source code (line 214 to 216) Parameter 17 is the unit number and 18 and 19 for the numbers of the IAM values. I am not really sure so maybe someone can have a look at it.
>
> Nevertheless, changing the proforma helps. My simulation is running now.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hermann.

> DI Dr. mont. Hermann Schranzhofer
> Institut fuer Wärmetechnik / Institute of Thermal Engineering
> TU Graz / Graz University of Technology
> Inffeldgasse 25 / B, A-8010 Graz
>
> Tel.: +43 316 873 7314
> mobil: +43 664 60 873 7314