[TRNSYS-users] Small Bug in Type536?

Schranzhofer, Hermann hermann.schranzhofer at tugraz.at
Wed Jul 18 03:29:42 PDT 2018

Dear TRNSYS-User, dear Jeff Thornton,

I just started to Type536 for a linear parabolic concentrating solar collector and have to change the IAM data file. I found the necessary information in the Mathematical References. I use not 10 but 7 values. The problems started when I tried to include this data file.
There were error messages about wrong number of data points or that die unit number is wrong. So I had a look at the source code because I had the feeling that there is something mixed up.
And this is what I found:

In the Proforma for Type536 Parameter 17 is for Number of Transverse IAM Data Points and Parameter 18 for Number of Longitudinal IAM Data Points. Parameter 19 is the unit number for the data file. But in the source code (line 214 to 216) Parameter 17 is the unit number and 18 and 19 for the numbers of the IAM values. I am not really sure so maybe someone can have a look at it.

Nevertheless, changing the proforma helps. My simulation is running now.

Best regards,
Hermann.

DI Dr. mont. Hermann Schranzhofer
Institut fuer Wärmetechnik / Institute of Thermal Engineering
TU Graz / Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 25 / B, A-8010 Graz

Tel.:        +43 316 873 7314
mobil:     +43 664 60 873 7314