[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS17, TABS, Boundary conditions

Katarzyna Palaszynska PP katarzyna.palaszynska at put.poznan.pl
Wed Jan 10 04:31:59 PST 2018

I've prepared a simulation of a room with TABS (in the ceiling). I have a
problem with temperatures that I get in this ceiling. I wonder if it is due
to the boundary conditions settings.

Please take a look at the graphical representation of the situation below:

1.      1. Do I understand correctly that "heat transfer coefficient"
(Manual TRNSYS17, Volume 5 page 109) is supposed to be set to "less than
0,001kJ/h/m2" regardless of conditions being adiabatic or not?

2.      2. As far as remaining partitions are concerned, should I set "heat
transfer coefficient" to "less than 0,001kJ/h/m2"?

3.      3. My room has surface area of 48m2 and volume of 129m3. TABS
settings: m_water=601.2kg/h, T_Water=18°C.  TOFL-TIFL =0.7K. What else can
cause water temperature difference to be so low?

Katarzyna Pałaszyńska M.Sc.

Faculty of Civil and Environemntal Engineering

Division of Heating, Air Conditioning and Air Protection

Poznan University of Technology

e-mail:  <mailto:katarzyna.palaszynska at put.poznan.pl>
katarzyna.palaszynska at put.poznan.pl