[TRNSYS-users] Multiple instances of Type 94 outputting same value when coupled with Type 16

Michael Brown mbrownw11 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:55:55 PST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate multiple PV arrays (Type 94) with different slope
and azimuth in the same simulation model. When I couple an external data
reader (Type 9) to the radiation processor (Type 16) using multiple
surfaces with Type 16, I erroneously get the same output from each instance
of Type 94. During troubleshooting I kept the slope and azimuth of each
surface in Type 16 identical and only changed the number of modules in Type
94 (e.g. twice as many in one instance of Type 94 as the other) - still the
same power output from each instance of Type 94.

When I replace Type 9/16 with a weather file reader (Type 15) the problem
goes away.

Has anyone experienced this problem before or have any suggestions?

Much thanks,
Michael