[TRNSYS-users] Type155 with different versions of Matlab

Thibault Péan tpean at irec.cat
Tue Feb 27 04:21:57 PST 2018

Dear TRNSYS users,
I am trying to call Matlab from TRNSYS using the Type155.
I am using TRNSYS 17.02.0004, and Matlab 2016a (64-bit), on Windows 7 64-bit machine. It seems that with TRNSYS 17 it is not possible to call a 64-bit version of Matlab, therefore I followed the following steps:

1.       Install Matlab 2012b 32-bit (a version for which the configured Type155 is available)

2.       Extracted the Type155.dll for Matlab2012b, from the folder "C:\Trnsys17\Exe\DLLs", and copied the file in "C:\Trnsys17\Exe"

3.       Added the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\R2012b\bin\win32" to Windows search path
I got these insights from a conversation on this topic here: https://www.researchgate.net/post/Problem_calling_matlab_with_TRNSYS_17
However, I still can't get it to work, and I get the error: "Your input file uses Type 155 (Calling Matlab). "Type155.dll" was found but could not be loaded. Please make sure that a supported version of Matlab is installed and that Matlab's "bin\win32" folder is on Windows' search path"
Am I missing something? Anything to do with the .lib files? Or should I try a different version of Matlab than the 2012b?
I also saw that if I upgrade to TRNSYS 18, the compatibility with 64-bit versions of Matlab is supported, so I might as well try that (but I am a bit scared that my existing projects in TRNSYS 17 will crash in TRNSYS 18...). The conversation was here:
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/trnsys-users-onebuilding.org/2017-May/029030.html
Thanks, any help would be welcome.
Best regards,

Thibault Péan
PhD Candidate
INCITE - Innovative Controls For Renewable Source Integration Into Smart Energy Systems
IREC - Catalonia Institute for Energy Research
UPC - Polytechnic University of Catalonia

[Descripción: C:\Users\tpean\Desktop\logo.png]<http://www.incite-itn.eu/>