[TRNSYS-users] coupling c++ with trnsys / installing trnsys on ubuntu

Widl Edmund Edmund.Widl at ait.ac.at
Mon Dec 10 01:30:10 PST 2018

Dear Souha,

I am not aware of a way to compile and run TRNSYS on Linux. However, I am using TRNSYS types written in C++ on Windows.

Here you can find an example, containing the C++ code of user-defined type as well as the include file for TRNSYS kernel subroutines and global variables:
https://sourceforge.net/p/trnsys-fmu/code/ci/master/tree/sources/type6139/

When you compile this on Windows, you have to link it to the typical Windows libraries (e.g., Shlwapi.lib) and the TRNSYS kernel (TRNDll.lib). If you don't like Visual C++, you can use for instance MSYS2 (https://www.msys2.org/) to compile the code in way that is more Linux style (using Make, etc.).

Best regards,
Edmund