[TRNSYS-users] Multiple MATLAB calls in one TRNSYS timestep

Weber Daniel webedani at student.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 14 09:31:15 PDT 2018

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am modelling a 3D multizone building with Type 56 in combination with MATLABs Type 155. MATLAB gives Type 56 a temperature for a boundary wall and receives a heat flux to this surface in return. Now the problem is, MATLAB runs multiple times (34x !) in one timestep of TRNSYS. I can see that by creating a step counter that increases each time MATLAB runs its iterative loop. I write the step counter and the TRNSYS time data to a file where I see it.

Additionally, the same thing happened when I tried to input a heat flux to a surface (wall gain inside).

I checked my time base is a multiple integer of TRNSYS time step (1 hour and 1 minute respectively).

I looked into the time delay Type 661, but I'm not sure how this would help. TRNSYS receives MATLABS 34th output in the first time step, how can that be? Why is MATLAB running 34 times, before TRNSYS takes this output into its network?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am in desperate need for a solution.

Thank you and best regards,

Daniel Weber

PS: I have attached the corresponding files. When changing simulation parameters (time step etc) they have to be changed in CONTAMs .prj file aswell (Simulation>Set Simulation Parameters).