[TRNSYS-users] Queries about radiator Type 1231 combined with variable capacity heat pump

Le Khoa lexuankhoa2212 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:05:47 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I have modeled the system comprising of a variable capacity heat pump
(custom component) transferring heat to the house via radiators Type 1231
(TESS library). From the simulation results, the differences between
entering and leaving water temperature of radiators are within 7 Celcius,
meaning the heat pump quickly operates at the lowest part load. However, I
want to increase those temperature differences about more than 10 Celsius,
as observed from our measurement results, in order to force the heat pump
to work at higher load. I have tried to alter the parameters of Type 1231
but it seems to be uninfluenced. I see if changing the flow rate can alter
those differences, but that is not right for my model which affects the
heat pump side.

Could you please help me if possible?

Thank you.

Khoa Le.