[TRNSYS-users] Calling EES --> Error: Clipboard data contains characters instead of numbers

Christopher McNevin via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Sep 27 12:16:26 PDT 2017

Hi Karolina,

I have had the same problem in the past. For me it was because EES kept old data in the clipboard from previous calls. You can see this by pressing paste in Notepad after running the EES program, it will contain 2 lines of data instead of one. To fix this all you have to do is add the /c command to the Export directive in your EES program which clears the clipboard before pasting the data to it. The manual and example for EES to TRNSYS doesn't mention this is required but I found it works after doing this.

I like to add the /d command to the export directive as well so it outputs the data in the same format as in the solutions window as this might also be part of the problem.

Hope this helps,

Chris McNevin, MASc
Research Associate
McLaughlin Hall, Rm 406
Department of Materials and Mechanical Engineering
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
7cnrm at queensu.ca<mailto:chris.mcnevin at me.queensu.ca>