[TRNSYS-users] Calling EES --> Error: Clipboard data contains characters instead of numbers

Karolina Petela via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Sep 27 02:24:17 PDT 2017

Dear TRNSYS-users,

I encountered a problem that was already discussed twice on the forum
(2016 and 2014), but did not find any solution within the messages.

In the past (since 2014), I  was taking advantage of a very useful
option of TRNSYS to couple the simulation with EES code and have never
had a problem of the nature I am going to describe.

This month, I was trying to use the Calling EES type 66 with the newest
version of EES V10.268, but was not able because an error occured saying:

"Clipboard data contains characters instead of numbers"

I am sure I am using "." as a decimal point and "," is the thousands
separator.

I promptly came back to the Example project "Calling EES" with
compressor.ees file to check if I can run this one - It is always a good
reference case.

Unfortunately - I was not able to. I checked and: the input data are
loaded to EES, the calculations in EES are performed, but the command
"$Export 'CLIPBOARD' out1, out2, out3, out4, out5, out6" somehow
transforms numbers into characters which cannot be accepted by TRNSYS
Simulation Studio anymore.

The problem could disapppear, if I wanted to store the results in an
external file, e.g. if I put "$Export 'C:\...\compressor.txt' out1,
out2, out3, out4, out5, out6" - the results will be saved in the created
compressor.txt file. Nevertheless, it is not the best solution, since
sometimes I would like to perform further simulations in TRNSYS on
EES-outputs...

Do you have any hint? Maybe changing the Export command type could help...

Thank you in advance for support :)

My regards
Karolina Petela

ITT, SUT, Poland