[TRNSYS-users] Type 954b - auxiliary efficiency

Laura Guillon via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Sep 19 09:36:45 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the Type 954b (air source heat pump with a gas auxiliary system).

I don't understand why the efficiency of the auxiliary heater is not totally taking into account by TRNSYS.

Indeed, if I change the efficiency of the auxiliary system, I can see this change by plotting the output "total heat rate". However, regardless this change, the output temperature of the Type 954b remains the same. In other words, the output air temperature of the Type 954b does not seem influenced by the efficiency of the auxiliary system ...

To illustrate my issue, here is an example of data at one specific time (the capacity of the auxiliary system is 22,578 kJ/h) :

Efficiency

Total heat rate (output of the Type 954b)

Input air temperature of the Type 954b

Output air temperature of the Type 954b

Airflow

90%

20,320

19.2

23.96

4,752

10%

2,258

19.2

23.96

4,752

Is it normal ? Do you have an explanation to this ?
If not, do you have any suggestions ?

Thank you,
Laura

Laura Guillon, Jr. Eng M.A.Sc
Project Leader

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC82A8.133EEF70]
Natural Gas Technologies Centre
1350 Nobel, Suite 150, Boucherville, Quebec J4B 5H3 (Canada)
Tel.: 450-641-0021
laura.guillon at ctgn.qc.ca<mailto:laura.guillon at ctgn.qc.ca>
www.ctgn.qc.ca<http://www.ctgn.qc.ca/>