[TRNSYS-users] Dish/Stirling

Stirling Dish via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue May 30 14:03:37 PDT 2017

Dear all,

To indroduce myself quickly, I'm a French engineering student, at the "EPF" school and I'm curently working on a project using Trnsys.

I belong to a team which is working for several weeks (months) on a Trnsys modelisation of a Dish/Stirling engine system.

We began our project doing a bibliography, a state of the art of this system modelisation.

According to most of the following documents there are currently two type of modelisation:

-Creating his own model (http://sel.me.wisc.edu/publications/theses/theses2.html)

-Using a calculator in order to modelise the system with some equations (Beale, West, Schmidt formula)

(-http://www.academia.edu/24801632/Model_based_design_of_a_novel_Stirling_solar_microcogeneration_system_with_performance_and_fuel_transition_analysis_for_rural_African_village_locations

-https://tel.archives-ouvertes.fr/tel-00708518/document french document sorry)

Is there any other solution available nowadays in order to modelise this system ? We didn't find any components in Trnsys library including STEC Library but maybe there is something somewhere.

Any help is much appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Luc-Olivier