[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS-18/ How to change emissivity of glazing layers?

Saini, H. via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jun 19 09:02:48 PDT 2017

Dear TRNSYS users,

The documentation on Multi-zone Building suggests that the emissivity values of the glazing layers (Emis F and Emis B from the property data block of a glazing) are used by the window model. However, when I try to manually change these values for a glazing, the U-value (u-WIN, output 50) of the glazing does not change.

But, I also observe that two glazing systems that have the entire property data block same, except 'Emis F' of the inside pane (e.g Window IDs 2201 and 2202), report different u-WIN values. And, when these 'Emis F' values are kept same, u-Win values do not match.

Can somebody explain how does Trnsys read emissivity values of the glazing?
Is there a way to change the emissivity values of a glazing surface?

Regards,
Hemshikha