[TRNSYS-users] How to skip timesteps if they don't reach convergence?

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jun 7 14:09:54 PDT 2017

TRNSYS will iterate until the iteration limit is reached, write a
warning message to the list file, and then continue on to the next
timestep. When you say TRNEXE gets "stuck" what do you mean?

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 06/07/2017 3:30 pm, Javier Vega via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hello TRNSYS users,
>
> I've noticed that some simulations finish with messages that say that a certain component (or components) doesn't reach convergence at certain timesteps. The message is the following:
>
> " The inputs to the listed units have not converged at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be used and the simulation will proceed."
>
> Right now I'm doing a simulation with 5 min timestep that works well but gets stuck at hour 150, for example. If I change the simulation start time everytime this happens so the simulation can continue, it keeps calculating until it gets stuck again 200 hours later.
>
> I assume the TRNEXE gets stuck because of non convergence. Since the non converged timesteps are neglectable, how can I set TRNSYS to automatically ignore this timesteps and set the input/ouputs of the problematic units to the previous ones?
>
> Is there a chapter in the TRNSYS Documentation that I should check?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Javier Vega

Links:
------