[TRNSYS-users] Doubt Type 539 TESS (Solar Collector model)

Oriol Casal via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jul 24 07:48:18 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I am currently using Type 539 to model a solar thermal collector, and i
would need to retrieve the thermal losses and energy stored. Unfortunately
there is not such an output from the model.

My collector model has 25 temperature nodes.

I tried defining 25 collectors in series with one node only to be able to
retrieve the temperature of each node but the results differ... I have
fixed the area, the heat capacity and the test flow rate, but the results
differ significantly. I guess this difference is due to temperature
levelizing between nodes at periods of standing still, but I have not found
that part of the model in the documentation.

I would appreciate any help on how to obtain this information from TRNSYS.

Kind regards,

Oriol Casal