[TRNSYS-users] Doubt Type 539 TESS

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jul 24 07:31:00 PDT 2017

Oriol,

The nodal temperature are actually output from the Type 539 source code
but they simply aren't currently set in the proforma for that model. If
you'd like to see the nodal temperatures simply add the outputs at the
end of the Type539 proforma and cycle it based on the number of nodes.
Output 6 you'll have to add first - it's an internal variable in the
model. Just set it as not used in the output description. The nodal
temperatures should then be in Output 6 to Output 5+N.

As for the thermal storage rate and collector losses, they are not
currently set as outputs because they are very rarely used by anyone but
researchers. What are you hoping to do with those values?

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 07/22/2017 10:15 am, Oriol Casal via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am currently using Type 539 to model a solar thermal collector, and i would need to retrieve not only the useful energy fluid gain but also the thermal losses and energy stored. Unfortunately there is not such an output from the model.
>
> I tried defining N collectors in series with one node only to be able to retrieve the temperature of each node but the results differ... I have fixed the area, the heat capacity and the test flow rate, but the results differ significantly.
>
> I would appreciate any help on how to obtain this information from TRNSYS.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Oriol Casal

Links:
------