[TRNSYS-users] Total solar transmission NTYPE multizone building

Vincent Höfte via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Jul 10 00:27:24 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I am making a generic energy model with a multizone building, based on the
standard heat balance

*0 = Qdemand_heat/cool + Qtransmission + Qinfiltration + Qventilation +
Qinternal_gains + Qsolar gains*

In which Qinternal_gains refers to people and appliances.

I can't figure out which NTYPE I should use for both Qtransmission and
Qsolar gain. For both of them, there is a lot of specific NTYPES that
regard a part of these energy flows. However, I wish to use the NTYPE so
that the final balance is always equal to zero, thus the Total transmission
of heat through all surfaces and the total transmission of solar through
all windows.

Currently I use

*Part of balance*

*NTYPE*

*Name*

Qdemand_heat/cool

30 and 31

QHEAT and QCOOL

Qtransmission

??

??

Qinfiltration

4

QINF

Qventilation

5

QVENT

Qinternal_gains

7

QGCONV

Qsolar_gains

??

??

Could you help me choosing the right NTYPES?

Thanks!

Vincent Höfte
E  v.r.m.hofte at gmail.com