[TRNSYS-users] Massless Layer

adnan rasheed via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jan 17 16:27:07 PST 2017

Hi camila,

i am not sure about this fully may be any senior person here can guide you
better. i just want to share my experience with u. TRNSYS actually
calculate heat transfer coefficient during simulation after every time
interval on the basis of the material's properties, does not use constant
value during whole simulation period. its value is dependent on outside and
inside of building weather conditions. external and internal convective
heat transfer coefficient( that are  input values). my suggestion is to
ignore and try to validate your computed and experimental results by
comparing. in my case i confirm overall heat transfer coefficient manually
by using following equation..

 U-value (overall heat transfer coefficient) = Q/ A(Ti - To)

Q is heat losses through the wall you want to check( select form layer
output in TRNBuild), A area of the wall, Ti and To inside and outside
temperatures. so u can calculate U-value for each time period. hope this
will work.

Please let me know if you get some other information about this.

Regards

adnan