[TRNSYS-users] Massless Layer

Camila Davila Valdebenito via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jan 17 15:40:19 PST 2017

Hi TRNSYS users!
I'm simulating a building and I need to create a massless layer. I've
calculate the overall heat transfer coefficient that I need for some "X"
wall (6.6581 W/m2K in this case). The massless layer requires a thermal
resistance in [hm2K/kJ], which is the reciprocal of the heat transfer
coefficient. Doing this, I get R=0.0417203 [m2Kh/kJ].
When I create a wall with this layer (and this R value) the wall type
manager shows me an U value of 3.123 [W/m2K] (totaly diferent of the one
that I need).
Does anyone knows how TRNSYS calculate this? or what is the right unit
conversion?
Thanks for your time