[TRNSYS-users] Type534 - Problem with the plugin

Jeff Thornton via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jan 3 11:54:51 PST 2017

Marco,

The tank data file values correspond to the parameters and inputs of the
Type 534 model. Open up one of the example Type 534 data files (.Tess
ModelsExamplesStorage Tank Library) as well as the
parameter/input/output list for that component (which can be found here:
http://www.tess-inc.com/site-com/assets/filedownloads/Type534(excerpt).pdf
) and you should be able to readily create your own data files without
the plugin. We've updated the plug-in for v18 of TRNSYS which should
resolve the majority of the problems we've been seeing with the current
plug-in. Your data file will need to be a space delimited text file (not
a Word file or Excel file etc.)and the parameters of your model should
be set up to mimic the values found in the data file (# ports, # HX's
etc).

Jeff

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 12/30/2016 5:03 am, Marco Scarpellino via TRNSYS-users wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I am trying to model a stratified tank and I would like to do it using the type534 included in the TESS libraries.
> I encountered a problem while I was opening the plugin to define the tank configuration.
> Please find attached 2 screenshots representing what I got when I tried to open the plugin from simulation studio or from the *.exe file in the installation folder.
>
> I am not able to understand how to modify the *.dat file to get the configuration I have to simulate.
>
> Also, searching in the TRNSYS newsletter archive, I found out that this is a common issue for this component and it is not simple to be solved. If this is correct: could you please generate the *.dat file for me?
> Please find attached a sketch of the tank that I should model. It has six ports (3 inlets + 3 outlets) and no heat exchangers. The flow rate is 20 m³/hr for all the ports and fluid is water.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Marco Scarpellino

Links: