[TRNSYS-users] TRNEdit pb

FAURE Xavier 245257 via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 30 07:08:28 PDT 2017

Dear Stuart,
Many thanks for the reply but all the file were indeed present in the same folder.
It seems that the TRNEdit application does not work for coupled CONTAM-TRNSys cases (at least on mine...) but I managed to write the .dck file with matlab (the pb was on option regarding '\r\n' using a regexp function and then the fprintf one).
For anyone :
Reading the file and spliting it for every line
a = fopen(*.dck);
A = fscanf(a,'%c');
fclose(a);
[start_idx, end_idx, extents, matches, tokens,names, splits] = regexp(A,'\r\n');
Then you change whatever you want in any part (the splits variable is a vector of cell of all the *.dck lines)
Then writing again the new *.dck file
file = fopen('new_file.dck','wt');
for ii = 1:length(splits)
        fprintf(file,'%s\n',(splits{ii}));
end
fclose(file)
then launching the coupled simulation
!C:\Trnsys17\Exe\TRNExe.exe C:\xxx\new_file.dck /h

So the results are now even easier since I launch the same .dck name but with the changed parameters I want and save the .prj and .sim in some Runx name in order to post-treat the resultst afterward.

Many thanks,
Xavier