[TRNSYS-users] Open space using TRNSYS 3D plugin

Eunice Herrera via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Aug 14 02:22:38 PDT 2017

Dear Trnsys users,

I am trying to model a two level building with an open space (atrium) in
the center using the Sketchup plugin TRNSYS3D. The level 1 has a surface of
1600 m2, level two 1225m2 and the open space in the center is 125m2. Both
levels have a height of 4m. The building has a pyramidal structure.

For my purpose, first I have drawn two rectangular prisms (each one in one
zone) sharing ceiling and floor as adjacent surfaces. Now I need to include
the open space. My idea is to draw a 2D rectangle surface in both ceiling
(level 1) and floor (level 2 ) and classify these 2D rectangles as virtual
surfaces with adjacencies. As a result, I will have two zones, each one
including a rectangular prism with a virtual surface in the center. In this
the correct way to do it?

Another question, The ceiling (or roof) in level 1 must be classified as
ceiling or roof (a part of its surface is exposed to outdoors and not
sharing any adjacencies with the floor in level 2 due to the pyramidal
structure)?

I really appreciate your help.

Eunice Herrera