[TRNSYS-users] Fwd: Re: GenOpt: Identifing equality constraints for independent variables (x*y*z=1000)

Dr Yi Zhang via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Oct 28 03:17:42 PDT 2016

If you have equality constraints like "x*y*z=1000", you'd be better off
making z calculated from x and y, rather than using constrained
optimisation. I don't how you can do that with GenOpt, but with jEPlus+EA it
is quite simple. You define x and y as parameters, and z as the dependant
variable of x and y, with an equation syntax "@calc(1000/x/y)".
Documentation of jEPlus parameters is here:
http://www.jeplus.org/wiki/doku.php?id=docs:manual_1_7_params.

Yi