[TRNSYS-users] type 194 vs PV-thermal collectors

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:04:14 PDT 2016

Hello TRNSYS users,

I am interested to compare performance of simple pv panel ( type-94) and PV-thermal collector (50a-50h). I am little skeptical about comparing these two, since I have noticed something. Can someone please clear my following doubts?

  1.  Type-194 has a magic box at left lower corner where user can define PV properties to calculate a_ref, R_s, Rsh,ref, lL,ref, R_s ... Whereas, PV-thermal collector missing that magic box. Therefore, I am little concerned about results of pv-thermal collector without these values.

  2.  Type 194 gives Power ( power at maximum power point;  however, the PV-thermal collector give power ( is it power at maximum power point?)?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sandeep Chahal

UAB