[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS 17 - Cooling loads problem

El Mehdi BENJELLOUN el-mehdi.benjelloun at mines-paristech.fr
Thu Mar 31 08:09:57 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am currently using TRNSYS 17 for a project. Previous studies have been carried before this project on TRNSYS 16. My goal is to model a building on TRNSYS 17 that has already been modeled on TRNSYS 16. After modeling exactly the same building and the same gains (internal, occupation, infiltrations...), I am supposed to find the same results or approximately the same results than the studies that have been carried on TRNSYS 16. I found that the heating loads were almost identical between the two versions but the cooling loads are twice lower in my version (TRNSYS 17) than the previous version (TRNSYS 16). I checked the building file and the .dck file and I cannot see a difference between the two versions except for the building file. The only difference comes from the four new inputs in type 56 in TRNSYS 17 that I connected to the weather file. I suspect the mistake to come from the solar radiations but I cannot find why. I would like to know if something similar ever happened to you and if you have any hints to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance.

--
Mehdi Benjelloun
Centre Efficacité Énergétique des Systèmes