[TRNSYS-users] Question on Type 15-1 (TMY Weather file)

MOHAMMAD MATARNEH mmatarneh at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 28 12:26:08 PST 2016

dear all ;
how can i control run this circled heat pump to work on heating mode in winter and cooling mode in summer.
best regards

    On Monday, February 22, 2016 6:06 PM, Eirini Mantesi <E.Mantesi at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

 #yiv2273677580 #yiv2273677580 -- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv2273677580 Hi Jakob,
Thank you for your prompt response.
Unfortunately, both the restaurant and the sunspace examples use Type 15-6 and Type 15-2  (TMY-2). My problem is that when I replace to Type 15-1 (TMY), my heating demand is increased, but remains within the BESTEST range, while my cooling demand is significantly below the BESTEST results. That's how I concluded that most probably I am doing something wrong in the connection of the weather file and the solar radiation available in the building's surfaces.
Thank you for your help anyway.
Kind Regards,Eirini
Eirini Mantesi
Research Engineer
School of Civil and Building Engineering
Loughborough University