[TRNSYS-users] Building a TRNSYS DLL to couple run Simulink and TRNSYS

Mustafa Ahmed Syed ms1171 at uab.edu
Tue Feb 23 12:47:29 PST 2016

Hello,

I'm using TRNSYS 17, MATLAB R2012b (32-bit), and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 to build a TRNSYS DLL which will compile a Simulink project.

I'm using a dissertation written by Saleh Nasser Al-Saadi, titled "Modeling and Simulation of PCM-Enhanced Façade Systems" as a guide to help me (I've linked the paper to this question and the guide starts on p. 475 of the pdf).

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/261633240_MODELING_AND_SIMULATION_OF_PCM-ENHANCED_FACADE_SYSTEMS

A brief summary of guide is:

1)      Compile the Simulink project and generate the C++ files

2)      Open the .makefile in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

3)      Build the solution

4)      DLL files will automatically be generated in TRNSYS' Release DLLs folder

In our case, we were unable to build the solution in Microsoft Visual Studio. The output window in Microsoft Visual Studio had a bunch of errors and warnings which I can't make any sense of.

The only reason why the solution won't build - that I can think of - is that the person who wrote the dissertation was using TRNSYS 16 (confirmed by the author) instead of TRNSYS 17.

If anyone has had a similar problem and were able to rectify the issue, please let me know. Your help will be greatly appreciated!