[TRNSYS-users] Type34

Camila Davila Valdebenito via TRNSYS-users trnsys-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Dec 4 07:29:22 PST 2016

Hi TRNSYS users,
I'm doing a simulation of an office building and I'm about to use the
type34 to add the shadows of the windows.
The shadows are produced by the same type of frame with the same deep
(about 20 cm) and all around the window. The only difference is the
orientations of the windows (north, south, east or west) and the
dimensions of this ones (I have windows of 1.3x2.5 m, 2x2 m, 3x2 m,
etc.).
My question is if I have to use a type34 for each type of window that I
have (because I have diferent windows areas, and do all the
corresponding conections) or can I do something easier to consider
everything at once.
On the other hand, I also have a terrace with a grid shadow that
overlaps to the one that I mentioned before. Can I include this two
shadows for the same window in only one type34? Or do I have to do a
cascade conection (type34 (frame) -> type34 (grid) -> type56)? And how
can I adjust the "transparency" (the radiation that pass trough the
grid)?
Best regards,

Camila