[TRNSYS-users] U-Value

adnan rasheed adnan.upm.spain at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:12:51 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

i want to ask one question

1- i prepared new window type (using Window software) and import it into
TRNSYS. I want to see changing behavior the overall heat transfer
coefficient (U-value) of the new glazing material added

by changing inside and outside temp difference like delta T = 10, 20, 30
,40,and 50). i am using this equation to calculate U = Q / A( T)  where t
is difference of inside temperature and ambient

temp. i am using type 56 for the simple building structure. my results are
very small change in u-value. and simulation results doesn't satisfied the
experimental results.

2- i am using type 2 energy demand for heating and cooling am
i taking wrong Q for the calculation. can i calculate u value by using
TRNSYS i am not sure in TRNSYS ist calculate U and then Q or calculate Q by
some other method????

3- (N-TYPE 50) in output can i get mathematical reference of this output
NTYPE  to make sure how this type calculate u-value of glazing and frame.

Thanks for your time .

Regard