[TRNSYS-users] GenOpt could not be found

pshtony at gmail.com pshtony at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 20:15:09 PDT 2016

Hello Users,

I'm using TRNSYS 17 and recently, I try to use genopt(TRNOPT) in the optimization library. But I don’t know what is wrong since the last week.

Using the TRNOPT component, I was set some parameters to optimize my template. And then, at the 'setting' tab, in the TRNOPT17(TRNSYS - GenOpt link program), I also designate the three kind of file location

1. directory where the GenOpt Folder is located : C:\Trnsys17\Optimization\

2. Location of Java Files : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin\

3. Main TRNSYS directory : C:\Users\SEUNGHOON\Desktop\RnD\DST_Model\DSTvolume\Practice\TRNSYSprojets\projectHR\37FLSBCIgfunction\

(my simulation studio file is here in this 37FLSBCIgfunction folder)

And I did all I need (select input file as ~.dck, variables, and specify variables and select optimization method also)

But If I click the 'Run Optimization' , I can see this error message. "GenOpt could not be found. Please check the directory in settings".

Did I do something wrong?? Please give an advice.

Best regard,